The VCF file is used to import and export contacts between the two programs or devices and their respective address books. They can send e-mail attachments also. The VCF format is supported in apps and also the programs on both desktop and the mobile platforms. But some programs have difficulties with reading .vcf files that contain more than one contacts. It is used for card formats, that are globally standard for storing personal or business contacts.
The VCF file normally includes the email address, address, phone number, contact name and other contact information for the person creating a file. It also supports images and other media content. The VCF files can be used on the Windows and Mac operating systems and also on iPhones to load contacts directly.
How to import Vcard from an Outlook email message:
Add each vCard one-by-one to the list of Outlook contacts to save a vCard that was received as an attachment as a new contact.
- In the body of the email message, right click on the Vcard, and then click Add to Outlook Contacts.
- A new window appears, for displaying the contact information.
- In the contact window, click Save & Close.
- Repeat the steps 1 and 2 for each vCard in the message.
Create a Vcard:
- Click the “Home” tab.
- Click the “Address Book” and then double-click the name of the person for whom a vCard is created. A new window appears with the person’s contact information.
- Click the “File” and then click “Save As” on the Contact window menu bar.
- Leave the default file name in the place unless you want to change the vCard name for the contact. Select a folder on your computer in which you want to save the vCard and then click the “Save” button. Then Outlook saves the contact information in the vCard format.
Attach vCard to Email Message:
- Click the “Home” tab and then click “New E-mail.”
- Enter the email address for the recipient, subject and the message text just as in any other email.
- Then Click “Attach File” icon on the ribbon bar. After the Insert File window appears, browse to the folder where you have saved the vCard file. Highlight the filename of the vCard and then click “Insert.”
- Click the “Send” button to the send the email and the attached vCard to the recipient.