phpMyAdmin is one of the open source administration tools for MySQL to intermediate the database to perform in the website. It is used to support a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. If you have a large dump of the database that needs to be imported, then you have to increase the import limit in phpMyAdmin. This article is used to guide, how to increase phpMyAdmin upload size using WHM.
Check the default phpMyAdmin upload size:
WHM/cPanel limits the file size that needs to be imported directly into the database through phpMyAdmin. The default maximum file upload limit is 50Mb and it can be checked through the below steps
- Login into cPanel.
- Click the phpMyAdmin interface
- Enter the import option in it
- Now see the default upload size on it
The previous phpMyAdmin upload size will be displayed as mentioned in the below image
Increase phpMyAdmin upload size using WHM:
The maximum file upload limit in phpMyAdmin can be changed by editing the php.ini file but it does not make any difference. The best way to change the limit is by using Tweak Settings in WHM. The below steps helps to increase maximum file upload limit in WHM.
1. Login into WHM.
2. Go to Tweak settings using the search bar.
3. Now the tweak settings interface open and click the PHP option.
4. You can see the max cPanel post and upload size settings option in it. Check the default size and change the required size, then click save.
5. Now, again open and check your phpMyAdmin upload size.
Thus, the maximum file upload limit in phpMyAdmin was changed successfully. We hope that the above article will help you to increase the upload size of the PhpMyAdmin using WHM. For more information, follow us on social media like Twitter and Facebook. For video tutorials, subscribe to our YouTube channel ServerCake India.