In cPanel, the Backup wizard is a user-friendly interface for creating and restoring backups. The backup can be done for the entire website fully or for a part of the website. Likewise, the backup files can be restored. The backup files can be downloaded to the local machine or transferred to a remote server via FTP. The Backup wizard can be found under the Files section of the cPanel. This feature will be useful for taking local backups during server migration.
Steps to Create a backup using Backup Wizard in cPanel:
Step 1 Login to cPanel, scroll down to the Files section and click the Backup Wizard icon.
Step 2 Click the Backup button under the Backup section.
Step 3 Depending on what you want to backup, click the Full Backup button to backup everything or select one of the Partial Backup options:
- Home Directory: Backups up the website files.
- MySQL Databases: Backs up the MySQL databases.
- Email Forwarders and Filters: Backs up email forwarders and filters.
Step 4 Select the backup destination from the Backup Destination drop down menu:
- Home Directory: Your server’s own home directory.
- Remote FTP server: Backup over FTP to a remote server.
- Remote FTP server (passive mode transfer): Backup using passive FTP to a remote server.
- Secure Copy: Backup to a remote server using SCP.
Step 5 Click the Generate Backup button, a confirmation screen will appear and your backup will start.