What is Plesk?
Plesk is a control panel used in web hosting platform. It helps to manage your web hosting account through web hosting interface. Most of the Plesk configurations help to perform the following features such as,
- Upload and manage files
- Create user accounts for FTP
- Create and manage email accounts
- Add new domains and subdomains
- Create and manage databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Backup and restore site files
- View web log files
- Manage DNS and other resources
How to Limit the Size of the Mailbox in Plesk using Linux?
By default, Plesk sets the size limit is 2 MB. To change the size limit of the mailbox through Plesk panel interface perform the following steps.
- Login to the Plesk panel.
- Under Server Management, Click on the option “Tools and Settings”
- Under Mail, Click the option “Mail Server Settings”
- Now change the size limit with the option “Maximum Message Size”. Set the size limit and save it.
The size limit of the mailbox can be changed by using Command line option also. Use the parameter ‘–update’ or ‘-u’ to update the size limit of the mailbox.
plesk bin mail -u <domain name> -mbox_quota 50M can be used to change the size limit as 50Mb.