What is Sucuri Firewall?
Sucuri is a cloud-based web application firewall. It is an all in one security platform which protects websites from security threats. It includes different products and services, such as CDN, malware scanning, hacks repairs, DNS monitoring, file change detection, brute force protection, and much more. Here you will see, what is Sucuri firewall and how to setup Sucuri firewall on WordPress.
- It’s easy to enable and manage.
- Sucuri production against SQL Injection, XSS,RCE,RFU.
- Full DDos Production.
- Bruteforce production.
How to setup Sucuri firewall on your WordPress site:
- Login in WordPress dashboard
- Goto Plugins> Add new> search the Sucuri security plugin and install it, then activate that Plugin.
- Once activated, you will notice a new Sucuri security entry in your admin sidebar.
- Now goto Sucuri security> Dashboard and click the Generate API Key option to activate Sucuri’s event monitoring feature. This provides a unique key with which to authenticate your website against the remote Sucuri’s WordPress service.
- Kindly read the notes regarding API support before clicking the submit button.
- Once Sucuri security active, you should start to receive email notification of major events.
It will include a user authenticating, or failing to authenticate when a file is uploaded, a post or page published and so on.
you can also install the Sucuri firewall plugin via cPanel, Follow the below steps to install the Sucuri plugin via cPanel.
- First thing, you should download the Sucuri security installation file from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Login to your cPanel and click the option of file manager.
- Goto your WordPress plugin folder(path: WordPress/wp-content/plugins )
- Click upload in the top menu and then click the select file to find your downloaded Security zip file.
- Once the upload process is completed, return to plugin folder and extract the uploaded zip file.
- Now you can able to see the uploaded Sucuri security files on your WordPress dashboard.
For more information, like us on Facebook and Twitter. For video tutorials, subscribe to our YouTube channel “ServerCake India”.