iThemes Security provides you more than 30 ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords, and obsolete software. But iThemes Security works to lock down the WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials. we can easily and quickly secure the WordPress site by using the iThemes plugin.
Features of iThemes:
- Malware scanning at regular intervals.
- Two-factor authentication to prevent login from unethical sources.
- iThemes Sync for managing themes and plugins from a single dashboard.
- It Brute Force Attack Protection Network takes stringent measures again brute force attacks.
- Available for free download and install.
- It offers tutorials for a detailed understanding.
- This plugin is also available in the Spanish language.
- You need to purchase the Premium version for unlocking all the features.
Installation and Activation:
We highly recommend making a backup of your site before installation of iTheme security.
Install the iThemes security plugin using the WordPress dashboard or installed directly from the WordPress.org. After the installed the iTheme plugin Follow the below steps
Step 1: Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress. Then click the Secure Your Site Now button.
Step 2: Now you can see the important first steps, it has the below options to secure the WordPress website.
- Backup your site: we recommend making a backup of your site before getting started. iThemes Security will make a basic database backup and automatically email you the backup file. Click the Make a backup button.
- Allow file updates: Click the Allow file updates button to allow iThemes Security to safely update these files automatically.
- Secure your site: you’ll enable all the default security settings recommended to secure your site. Click the One-Click Secure button.
- Help Us Improve: This setting allows us to collect anonymous data about what features you use so we can work to improve iThemes Security.
We hope this article illustrates the iTheme security. For more information, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. For video tutorials, subscribe to our YouTube channel “ServerCake India”.