Material Design is a design language developed by Google in 2014. It combines the classic principles of design with innovation and technology. It is comfortable for using grid-based layouts, padding, responsive animations and transitions.
Features of Material Design:
1. It is an open source in-built responsive design. It uses standard CSS with the minimal footprint.
2. The websites designed with Material Design are compatible with Tablets, PCs, and mobile devices.
3. The websites designed with Material Design can fit any screen size.
4. It supports shadows and bold colors. It remains standard across various platforms.
Advantages of Material Design:
1. It is clean and attractive.
2. Highly responsive and excellent kit for flat design.
3. Looks familiar and easy to use.
Disadvantages of Material Design:
1. Animations can be cute but it can be cognitively distracting.
2. It can be hard to discern interactive elements.