Generate CSR for a domain in Plesk version 12.5.30
The SSL is a backbone of secure internet communication. It protects the sensitive information like bank details, personal information etc. Now you will see how to generate the CSR (Certificate signing request) in Plesk.
Step 1: Login to your Plesk panel
Step 2: Go to Domains section and choose the required domain then click the SSL Certificate interface in it.
Step 3: Click Add SSL/TLS certificate.
Step 4: Fill the required fields and click the request.
- Certificate name. This will help you identify this certificate in the repository.
- Bits. Choose the encryption level of your SSL certificate. In Plesk Onyx, 2048, 3072 and 4096 bits are available.
- A country, State or province, location (city), organization name (company). The values you enter should not exceed the length of 64 symbols.
- The domain name for which you want to purchase an SSL certificate. This should be a fully qualified domain name. Example: example.com.
- Email: The website administrator’s email address
Step 5: Now you got the successful and CSR certificate for the domain then click on the certificate name.
Step 6: Copy the Certificate from –BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and ends with the line —–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– to the clipboard.
Step: 7 Finally provide the CSR to the Certification Authority when purchasing the certificate from them.
Step 8: Locate the CSR section on the page, and copy the text that starts with the line —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– and ends with the line —–END CERTIFICATE REQUEST—– to the clipboard.
Step 9: Once the certificate was uploaded, a successful message will be displayed.
Step 10: The SSL will be activated successfully for the domain.