Filezilla is a free software used for transferring files over the internet. It is a popular FTP client and it is used by webmasters from all over the world. It is available as a client version and a server version. When connecting to the server, this software provides security solutions by encrypting the data. FileZilla client supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS but SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) is not implemented in FileZilla Server.
Features of FileZilla:
- It supports IPv6.
- The transfer process in FileZilla can be paused and continued.
- Searches files on the server remotely.
- Bookmarks for ease of access and most frequent use
- Drag and drop option for download and upload
- Files can be transferred in SFTP, FTP, and encrypted FTP such as FTPS and SFTP.
Connection to FTP Server using FileZilla:
There are two ways to connect to anFTP server in FileZilla. They are
- Using the Quick Connect bar
- Using site manager
Using the Quick Connect bar:
In this method, the server details should be entered in the required fields. The server details such as hostname, username, password, and the port should be specified. Then click the option ‘Quick Connect’. Then it will be connected to the server. In this method, the lists cannot be edited but it is used for connecting quickly.
Using Site Manager:
Site Manager can be used to connect to FTP server. It provides more functionalities for storing the entries and configuring more parameters.